Wednesday, August 1, 2012

M. D. Sundriyal on retierment of officers


Sir, the thread about retiring officers of AIR and DD is an excellent one and I congratulate you.  Though I am no more in AIR/DD but I consider myself to be a part of this family as I have been there for more than 28 years.
In the list of officers retiring on 31.07.2012 I personally know two of the officers, both from programme side - Shri Rajesh Reddy and Kum. Chhaya Ganguly.  These two are quite well-known in their respective fields.  While Shri Reddy has been a renowned poet in the literary circuit, Kum. Chhaya Ganguly is best known for her lovely voice.  Both of them are accomplished artists and I have had the privilege of interacting with them at different stages.  This year's New Year Celebrations at Akashvani Bhavan were made memorable by Madam's rendition of her popular ghazals.  Though I came to know about Shri Reddy around 1989-90, I came to meet him personally for the first time when he was posted at AIR, Ratnagiri and then at Vividh Bharati, Mumbai.  When I was on the verge of leaving AIR in January 2011, I discussed with Reddy Saheb his contribution in the field of Urdu/Hindi shayari (though I had rang him up for some official business).  He promised to send me a copy of his latest publication which I am still waiting for.  

AIR will not be the same with retirement of talented officers like these two.  I wish them a long, happy and healthy retired life. 

Regards, 

Mahender D. Sundriyal  mdsundriyal@gmail.com
 

No comments:

Post a Comment